The HEC-DSS Excel Data Exchange Add-In is a Visual Basic Application for retrieving and storing both regular-interval time series and paired data directly from Excel to an HEC-DSS database file. Data sets to
retrieve are selected from a catalog listing directly available from Excel. For time series data, an optional time window can be specified to select portions of a DSS record or to span several records. The
exchange of irregular-interval time series data has not been nimplemented at this time.
The HEC-DSS Excel Data Exchange Add-In is a separate capability from the HEC-DSSVue Excel Plug-in. The HEC-DSSVue Excel plug-in is run from HEC-DSSVue and can read and write both regular and
irregular-interval time series data, but has not been implemented for paired data. The HEC-DSS Excel add-in is run from within Excel. While the format of the data is more restrictive, it can read and write
both regular interval time series data and paired data, but not irregular-interval time series data.
Version 3.3 Changes
- Support for 64-bit Office 2010 and VBA7.
- Support for the latest version of heclib.
- Support for heclib's newer double-type paired data containers.
- Improved resetting of Excel's default to automatically recalculate the worksheet. Users no linger have to remove the add-in to make Excel function properly.
- Improved error handling, displaying more user-friendly error messages for common errors.
- Revised User's Manual with new screen captures for Windows 7, and a new sample data DSS file.
- Bug fixes.
Version 3.2 Changes
- Added ability to specify data worksheet.
- Added 3 worksheet data formats.
- Added ability to retreive data by RiverWare header specifcations.
- Added ability to store data by group specifications or RiverWare header specifications.
- Added ability to specify time ranges for all non full catalog time series retrievals, group specification storage, and RiverWare header storage.
Version 3.2.1 Changes
- Excel 2007 row and columns limits.
- Support of Excel 2007 and older formats.
HEC-DSS Excel Data Exchange Add-In For Excel 2007-2010 Version 3.3
HEC-DSS Excel Data Exchange Add-In For Excel 2003 Version 3.2
HEC-DSS Excel Data Exchange Add-In For Excel 2007-2010 Version 3.2.1
After running the setup package, you must load the add-in inside of Excel. See the documentation for instructions on how to do that.