An HEC-DSSVue plug-in is a set of Java software that is compiled and put into a Java ".jar" file. By simply placing this file into the HEC-DSSVue\Plugins directory,
it is automatically loaded and accessible from the HEC-DSSVue program. The purpose of a plug-in is similar to the jython scripting capability that is available in HEC-DSSVue. However, since
plug-ins are written in the Java language, which is used by HEC-DSSVue, there are extended capabilities and controls available. The plug-in code can access the HEC-DSSVue API (Application
Program Interface) directly. Typical uses for plug-ins are complex mathematical operations, specialized formatting of data for entry into another application (such as a program that uses a
"card format"), and retrieval of data from a web site.
How to Install HEC-DSSVue Plug-ins:
- Unzip the contents of the downloaded plug-in (e.g. USGS.zip) into the Plugins directory. By default the Plugins directory is located at:
- 32-Bit version of Windows XP, Vista, or 7: C:\Program Files\HEC\HEC-DSSVue\Plugins
- 64-Bit version of Windows XP, Vista, or 7: C:\Program Files (x86)\HEC\HEC-DSSVue\Plugins
- Next time you start HEC-DSSVue, the plug-in will be automatically loaded.
- In HEC-DSSVue Version 2.0 or later, plug-in access has been move to menus (e.g., for USGS, go to Data Entry -> Import -> USGS)
Below is a list of plug-ins included with HEC-DSSVue 2.0.1.
As updates to plug-ins are released, they will be bolded below.