If you're experiencing a problem with HEC-LifeSim, submit the following information. Sometimes a graphical representation of the bug helps out. If what you want to tell us is really more of a suggestion or a
request for enhancement, please see our Suggestion Page instead.
Please include the following information in an e-mail, and send it to email@example.com:
- Contact Information: Name, Phone Number, and E-mail Address.
- What version of the software are you using?
- What operating system are you using?
- A detailed explanation of the problem.
- If the problem is reproducible, please list the exact steps required to re-create the problem (e.g., "1. Create a new file., 2. Insert some text., etc ...).
- If the problem is not reproducible (only happened once, or occasionally for no apparent reason) please describe the circumstances in which it occurred and the symptoms observed (Note: it is much harder to fix non-reproducible bugs).
- If the problem causes any error messages to appear, please write down the exact text displayed, or capture it from the screen to paste in the email.
- If you have an HEC-LifeSim data set that demonstrates the problem, zip up the data set. Then attach the zip file to the email. If the data set is too large for an email attachment, then you will need to send it by some form of ftp server, Google Drive, or some other file sharing capability.
Someone on the development team will be assigned to examine your bug report and try to reproduce the problem in our test environment. You may be contacted to provide more details or to send a copy of the project
you were working with at the time the problem first appeared.