Last Modified: 2023-11-08 12:33:47.883
HEC-HMS version 4.12 beta 3 was used to create this tutorial. You will need to use HEC-HMS version 4.12 beta 3, or newer, to open the project files.
If you are continuing from Viewing Model Results, you may continue to your current project files. Otherwise, download the initial project files here:
In this tutorial you will add observed flow and view results for a hydrologic element.
- From the Components menu, select Time-Series Data Manager
- For Data Type, select Discharge Gages
- Select New... to create a new discharge gage
- Name the gage PNXP and create
- Open the component editor for the discharge gage PNXP. For DSS Filename, select /Punxsutawney/data/observe.dss. For the DSS pathname, select the FLOW record at location PNXP.
- Open the component editor for Junction-2
- Select the Options tab
- For observed flow, select the PNXP discharge gage:
- Compute the simulation Run: May 1996
- View results at Junction-2. You should notice an observed time-series (black dotted line):
In this tutorial an observed flow record was as a discharge gage, then linked the discharge gage to a basin element as observed flow. Observed flow was viewed in relation to other element results.
Download the final project files here:
This tutorial concludes the Creating a Simple Model tutorial group.