If you are experiencing a problem with HEC-RAS, submit the following information. Sometimes a graphical representation of the bug helps out. See a good example.
If what you want to tell us is really more of a suggestion or a request for enhancement, please see our Suggestion Page instead. Please include the following information in an
e-mail, and send it to "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- Contact Information: Name, Phone Number, and E-mail Address.
- What version of the software are you using?
- What operating system are you using?
- A detailed explanation of the problem (e.g., "Levee option on Cross Section editor not functioning correctly").
- If the problem is reproducible, please list the steps required to re-create the problem (e.g., "1. Create a new file. 2. Insert some text ...).
- If the problem is not reproducible (only happened once, or occasionally for no apparent reason) please describe the circumstances in which it occurred and the symptoms observed (Note: it is much
harder to fix non-reproducible bugs).
- If the problem causes any error messages to appear, please write down the exact text displayed, or capture it from the screen and paste into the email.
- If you have an HEC-RAS data set that demonstrates the problem, use the HEC-RAS "Debug Report" option to zip up the data set. Then attach the zip file to the email. The "Debug Report" option is under the
"File" menu on the main HEC-RAS window. If the data set is too large for an email attachment, then you will need to send it by some form of ftp server, Google Drive, or some other file sharing capability.
If you are using the two-dimensional modeling capabilities, we will also need the HEC-RAS terrain model files (*.tif, *.hdf, and *.vrt).