Updated: 18 September 2015
HEC-FDA Verson 1.4
Importing a Version 1.2.5a HEC-FDA study to a Version 1.4 HEC-FDA study.
During the import process, structure modules (structure groups) are imported, but the counter that keeps track of the number of structure modules is not correct. If a user deletes any
plan in HEC-FDA Version 1.4 after importing a Version 1.2.5a HEC-FDA study, then all structure modules are deleted.
Always make a backup copy of your HEC-FDA Version 1.2.5a study prior to importing an HEC-FDA Version
- After importing a Version 1.2.5a HEC-FDA study into Version 1.4, do not delete a plan because all structure modules will be deleted.
- If you do delete a plan and the structure modules are deleted, you should contact the HEC-FDA team at email@example.com and
electronically provide the HEC-FDA study. The fix involves the underlying HEC-FDA study database and one needs to use Visual dBase or Microsoft Access to fix the study.
HEC-FDA Verson 1.4
Transform Flow Function - when entering or modifying a Transform Flow function the data entered is not being saved.
- From the HEC-FDA interface, from the Economics menu, click Export.
- From the Export Data dialog box, select Frequency Curves, click Export.
- From the Export Data Browser, browse to the location where the file will be saved; provide a filename, click Save
- The Exporting Data Status dialog box will let the user know when the export is done.
- Using EXCEL, edit the tab delimited file that has been created. Edit the transform flow function. Save as a tab delimited file.
- Now to import the tab delimited file that contains the transform flow function. From the HEC-FDA interface, from the Economics menu, point to Import, click ASCII Tab Delimited.
- The Import Data dialog box opens, click Import.
- From the Import Data Browser, browse to the location where the file exists; select the filename, click Open.
- The Importing Data Status dialog box will let the user know when the import is done
- The modified/new transform flow function should be in the HEC-FDA study.
For a new function, the best way is to import the probability function with the transform flow using a tab delimited file (Steps 6-9). The user will need to
setup the tab delimited file following the instructions in Appendix D, of the HEC-FDA User's Manual, pages D-17 thru D-20. There is an example transform flow in the import file shown on page
D-20, Figure D-12 of the HEC-FDA User's Manual.